Monday, May 2, 2011

Great week, busy week.

I have had 2 solid weeks of long miles with tons of intensity tossed in since I arrive home from Sea Otter. I managed to fight the worst of the weather that April was able to throw at us. It seemed to honestly be raining more then it wasn't. I raced O-Cup #1 at Mansfield tired and fatigued enough that I barely felt like I should start. I ended up having a blast chilling for the first 2.5 laps before I decided that I was going to try and catch the 5 riders infront of me. Then there was the passing.... It was such a fast course and with so many riders given'er out there, the passing seemed to be a bit sketchy... All in all it was a great day out for the Trek Canada Team!

On another note, I am doing some last min packing for a quick jont into the Ishpatina Ridge. It is the highest point in Ontario at 693m above sea level. 2.5hrs (roughly) north of Sudbury we will leave the car as far as we can drive it. Ride as far as we can, ditch the bikes and continue the 14km round trip (bike to bike) distance to the summit. Hopefully the weather holds out and given the early season timeframe navigating through the forest should be decent. I will give a full trip report later this week.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

condominiums edgewater said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for sharing so nice and helpful ideas, I appreciate your work. Keep it up and I hope to see more posts in the future.