Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

It is Christmas Eve and we have almost zero cm's of snow. I think people are generally more excited that there is no snow and that it has been a very green December then they are a white snowy Christmas. I love snow, period. Large amounts of deep white fluffy gold, the more the better. I much rather have -10 degree temps and 3 feet of snow then have 2 degrees and rain. It is already crappy enough that the days are so short.. (thank goodness winter solstice has past) without having almost freezing temps and rain. If it were only a few degrees colder it would be snowing where we can nordic ski, snowshoe, downhill ski/ snowboard etc. Anyways I just find it sad when I am making small talk with people on the lack of snow topic and they actually seem happy for it to be grey, almost freezing, raining and overall shitty out. I just cannot comprehend that mentality.

Anyways enough of a debby downer... On a much more positive note, friends of ours just had one of the most special gifts imaginable. They welcomed their first child, a son early this morning.

I am very fortunate to be sitting here trying to decide what to do today. I am ready for Christmas with my shopping done and all I have on the skeddy is visit with family and friends (after a wee bit of exercise).. Now if we only had some snow I my exercise options would be more plentiful then run or ride..

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Cheers.






No comments: