Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stranded in this spooky town.

I really didn't realize that it has been almost two weeks since I updated my blog. Working from today backwards I will fill you in on what's been happening, okay here we go.

Today I got the new issue of Whats Up Muskoka and found it amusing that my mug was on the front cover! Cool! The photos used in the mag are from the Canmore Canada cup a couple of months ago. Both images are from Brad Chisholm ( thanks Brad) great shots! The article was written by Sandy Lockhart and is very well done! (thanks Sandy).

Sunday was O Cup #5 at mountainview in midland. I don't even have a race report for that because it is really hard to explain what 6 min of racing feels like, other than it sucks. All the prep, from me and everyone else that was there for me, to only get 6 min of racing in before you have a "un- fixable" mechanical. I ripped my rear derailer right off! It would of taken me forever to run to the tech zone, so I opted to pull out. I really hate opting to pull out, it is not a good feeling. I didn't know what to do? Yell? Did that. Throw bike? Na not my style, or sportsman like. Cry? Not imortant enough of a race. Also I don't cry. Ever. To tough I guess (kidding on the last one).

So that led me to my record time around lake muskoka of 2hr14 min or avg 39.1km/hr. I drove home, warmed up riding into town and pinned it. I did the loop clockwise and dodged crazzy thunderstorms everywhere. I made it from gravenhurst to port carling in just under 1hr!! That was fun. I could of come home after my 6 min of racing and turned to "the bottle" which I almost did, but instead I went and did something more productive. Although I did have a handful of "lo carb" wobbly pops when I got home after my ride. They were much better after my ride then they would of been if I didn't drill myself before hand.

The world cup in Bromont was muddy. Everything was able to be ridden and that was way better than the Canada cup there a month ago! The euro's are so friggin fast! and there are so many fast guys it's insane. Cycling in Europe is much different than in north America. Anyways I was sick at the world cup at saint Anne and I was still sick in bromont and that was way to frusterating to express. I still had a solid ride finishing 50th.

I forget everything else that has happened recently, so on that note I am going to go cut the lawn.

Peace


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: