Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter?


The last few weeks have been quite enjoyable for training. Especially if you compare this year to the two winter's past. I have been riding inside and out, on nice days when the road is dry, it is a "outside day". On days when riding outside is not ideal, I am cruising the rollers, or cross training (insert skiing or snowshoeing). Riding the rollers is same old boring stuff that has no point to be written about. Riding outside is exciting when you see something cool, maybe like a great gray owl! Which I did see yesterday! It was very cool, so quiet and sleek flying from a tree in front of me and swooping overhead and across a farmers field.

Last week I did one of my all time favorite ski loops in Ontario. It was in Kolopore and involved skiing most trails there, just under 5hrs worth. I had forgotten my headphones and was forced to be a observant of nature. I ended up having one of the best days out skiing in some time. I couldn't help but to stop a handful of times and just take in the view and amazing scenery. As athlete's we far to often get zoned in on what we are doing, and are far to focused on having a perfect "training day". I usually hate stopping while I am exercising and I usually have music going religiously. That day out skiing in Kolopore, I appreciated the fact that I was taking for granted too many things everyday.

3 comments:

peter g said...

ha enjoying nature ... you were tired admit it !

pg

Eric said...

ah shit....

Eric said...

ah shit....