Tuesday, March 9, 2010

California..... who ya.!

Made it here to the "California training house" safe and sound, despite a pretty eventful drive from the Dessert to the more moist coast. The drive was roughly 900km and I had to drive through about 15 serious downpours that were crazy enough that people got very silly with there driving... Having a roof box on seems a bit more noticeable when the wind is gusting around 90-100km!
Anyways it never seems to amaze me at the sure MASS of the L.A. area, from Palm Springs all the way over to where I am at in Oxnard seems to be one massive city.

We went for a pretty solid ride yesterday (monday) as well as did a bit of filming (actually 70km of it) for the company Ergvideo, www.ergvideo.com . they link real cycling videos to your indoor computrainer and create real riding like simulation, it is pretty cool.

Matt P, Peter G (aka: wagonwheel) and I went for a MTB ride today on some very impressive cali trails. Below are some of the images from us riding amongst the coastal mountains.

I am looking forward to exploring a new area of riding, running and maybe a bit of hiking (can't forget the fact that we are living on a beach).



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why wagonwheel.

I think I am going to like this.

Scott

peter said...

29er amish beard ... black car ... do the math