Sunday, March 28, 2010

Internet Sucks, so I will make this quick...

Fontana Cali, US Cup #1. All the big guys are here from around North America and a few from around the globe to boot!. It was crazy Hot and super Windy! We had five laps of a pretty tough course.

I had a good call up (based on UCI points) sitting in the second row. I felt ok in my warm up, I did a few quick 15 sec sprints to open the legs up, I am still tired from a BIG epic week of training (expected). I was planning on training through this race and mainly used it for a bit of a leg stretcher for the coming season. I really only felt like I had one pace the entire race, I didn't have much for top end which is what I had expected. I was a bit conservative on the first lap rolling through in 13th. On the Second lap I made it from the little 3 man group that I was in and jumped up the trail to the next two riders. I rode with them for a bit and my jersey had come fully undone in the attempt to open it "partway" for some cool venting (crap). My superman jersey took a suprising effort to get it closed, especially in the 70km gusty winds... Third lap I rode up to fellow Canadian Raphael Gagne and we pretty much rode the rest of the race together. We were in 8th and 9th place and had 7th place in our sights (Barry Wicks). We hammered hard and gave a solid push to try and catch Barry and also not get latched by the chasers behind us.

I Finished the day in 9th place, really happy and stoked that the hard work and hard miles are paying off. Our team had a great day today with Mical in 8th place, Emily in 9th, Peter in 15th and Adam in 17th. I have the short track this afternoon at 2:45pm and I am running late so I have to run. I am headed home later this afternoon and will be back in Ontario sometime later next week!

Peace Out!

No comments: