Monday, May 17, 2010

Canada Cup #1 Baie Saint Paul Quebec

Yesterday was The first Canada Cup in a block of three Canada Cups. Baie Saint Paul is one of the nicest towns in Eastern Quebec, it truly is what comes to mind when I think of the Province of Quebec. The Course is great! much like something you would ride on the west coast.
I had a pretty good start staying in the front group for the first lap. I rode the second lap mostly solo always still in sight of the leaders. Starting the third lap, crossing one of the only bridges on the course I somehow managed to ram my hip/quad into the handrail as I was entering the bridge. It was a minor setback as my quad was charley horsing like no tomorrow. I managed to kind of push through it as best that I could. It hurt, but the thought of not finishing because of something silly outweighed that. I gave'er and with a hungry group of talented fast racers behind me, I only lost a few placings.
I will be spending the week in Quebec (not too sure exactly where yet) and I plan on seeing and doing as much as possible before we race yet again next weekend in Mont Tremblant.

No comments: