Sunday, June 20, 2010

Good Samaritan!


I was out for a very solid MTB ride on some of my good old favorite trails on Friday. 15 minutes in I had a bumpy shift and herd the all to familiar sound and feel of my chain breaking.... Yay what a great way to start the day! I checked my handlebar for the spot that I usually tape my powerlink to and it wasn't there! Yay again! I was planning on cleaning my bike post ride so you can only imagine what my drivetrain was looking like.... Yikes! Just before I was about to go to town on the grease fest and fiddle a link in, two riders came over the hill from where I was standing. "Are you alright"? they asked. "Nope, I just blew my chain apart" I replied. Then they offered a powerlink for me to have! I already forget their names (insert poor memory with names). I have often helped cyclists on the road or trails that needed a spare tube, co2, or even just a extra hand to fix something. Never have I ever really needed a hand with anything over the years riding until Friday afternoon. I am very glad that I was able to finish my MTB ride on a gorgeous day and it goes to show that what goes around, comes around.

No comments: