Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Trek Toronto Canada Cup #3 Hardwood Hills Ont.

Last weekend was the Trek Toronto Canada Cup held at Hardwood Hills just north of Barrie. On Saturday we (my teammates and myself) had a "come ride with the team" day and we had a fantastic turnout! It was really motivating to ride with the next wave of up and coming cyclists! We did a little "meet and greet" in between the two ride times and signed a few pro cards and team posters. It is always a good feeling when you see little talented cyclists looking up to you and aspiring to one day be racing competitively.

The weather on the weekend was hot, dry and extremely dusty. We had a full men's field chomping on the bit to go giver for the third weekend in a row. I had a decent start and hit the first singletrack somewhere in the top ten. Hardwood is a hard place to race if you are not from Ontario and it is very easy to blow up really fast. I tried to make sure that I paced myself well and hoped that I would be able to maintain my momentum and keep my average speed up. I got in a train with two of my other team members (Adam and Peter) and we hammered together for almost 4 laps! Each of us taking solid pulls on the front. Near the end of the 4th lap Adam and Peter were attacking hard and I wasn't able to up the pace with them. I was racing at a consistent pace and couldn't up the pace to join them. I rode the last lap with the boys just in sight and did the last lap in no-man's land. I ended up finishing in 7th place with a Mechanical free race. The last two weekends I had some bad luck and my goal for today was to have a clean race with nothing going wrong and I did. I didn't have the snap in my legs that I had last weekend but still it was a solid ride. Everyone else on the team had very good days out, Adam 4th, Peter 5th and Mical 2nd.

A BIG THANKS TO TREK TORONTO FOR A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments: