Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Solid Week....end!

Sunday was O-Cup #"I forget" at Kelso. It looked like it was going to pour on us and it didn't! We had a few guest racers from the New Zealand National Team racing which added a bit of friendly competition. I was coming into this race a bit on the tuckered side, I had a few solid weeks of calorie expenditure and with a few big races coming up this month, kelso would be a good leg stretcher for the 3 races that followed. It was a pretty quick start and after the first half of the first lap I went right to the front and just raced my own pace. Finishing the third lap I had a crash that was Bad. Usually it seems that I have one of the classic "bad crashes" once a year.... well this was mine. I went down so hard I didn't even know what had happened. I bounced up as quick as I could and got going again. There were a few spectators that were around when it happened and apparently it looked "Deadly". Anyhow racing, racing, racing I was slightly rattled at what had happened and continued racing fixing my bike on the fly. I had a broken brake leaver and a rear disc that was dragging like a "mo fo". Adam caught me up on the 4th lap and we raced together for most of that lap. It was good to see that he had some speedy legs today and he road very strong taking the win. I finished in a solid 2nd place happy with how my fitness is shaped up for August. I am off to Bromont for Canada Cup Finals this weekend, Ontario Provincials the following weekend and I wrap the up month with World Cup Finals in Windham New York. Over and Out.

No comments: