Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nervous?

It is January 24Th, Christmas was just over 4 weeks ago, anybody else feeling that the time is flying by? Racing season starts for me in 2 months, kicking off with NMBS#1 in Fontana California. I am excited and yet nervous all at the same time. I am training either indoors (riding trainer/ strength) or Nordic skiing. I am taking a bit of a different approach to my program for this year, trying to be much more specific with each workout. I only have a certain amount of time to train, even though we all wish there were more hours in the day. I have quickly figured out that with working outside in the cold, I am favoring the indoor trainer sessions. Don't get me wrong I love going for a ski in -30 weather, but I can gain more from being indoors. Now any of you who know me, up until this year my record indoor ride time was probably no more than 30 minutes. I much favor being outside than in. Really who likes starring at a wall? Although I am known to pound some big hours, with training stress coming in the from of pure volume, I am actually kind of digging the specific stuff. I mean you can't gap out the same and venture off into LA LA land, you always are thinking about what is going on, or what is coming next and you know what time flies by. I am almost up to 4 hr rides inside! Now mind you those are my endurance days, but come on, for me that is a feat. Last year I would way rather log a 200km day way before doing 4hrs on the trainer. I had a bit of a weakness in my noggin about training inside, I not only have met my goal to get my damn head around the fact that this is the way it is and get tough, get your head in, or get out.

No comments: