Friday, March 27, 2009

News From California.

US CUP #1 Fontana Ca. The course is similar to last year, with a bit of a different twist on it. In my opinion it is much more fun than the course that we raced on last year. It is a bit shorter, tighter and steeper so it will be a more spectator friendly race course. Fred and I arrived here Wednesday evening at around 8pm, we were going to be picked up by Emily and Adam when we landed, only they had a slight delay because Adam's bike was late arriving in Tucson, no big deal we(I) grabbed a few hours of shut eye waiting in the airport for our ride. We made it to the hotel by midnight and to bed by 1am, which with the time change felt more like 4am, and that is almost the same time that I would be getting up to start training through the winter. All in all an uneventful trip here.

Back to the bike, so this course is great, almost un-relentless climbing or descending and that is the way a mtb race should be. Hard. The heat here is not that bad, mid twenties with cool nights. I really like the way the bike rides, it is like day and night compared to last years Top Fuel. I found it to be one of the most balanced rides ever, and that was after 2.5hrs of solid off-roading. I can hardly wait until I get to see what it races like. Well time to go get some good old "Truck Stop" java. Mmmmm Java.

No comments: