Monday, March 30, 2009

Shattered.

Today is the first race of the 2009 season, Fontana Ca. The pro men have 5 laps to do. I had a good starting position and solid first lap, I was in the top 20 and comfortable. 200m after the feed zone, going onto the 2nd lap I somehow wrapped my rear derailer around my cassette and shattered it. I knew as soon as I looked at it that there was nothing that I could do and since I was past the tech zone I was not able to just go backwards to the pit zone. I would of had to walk/run the full lap to get it fixed. I was done. Only 24 min into it and I was done. I stood there completely bazzled at what had happened. I am not one to let these things get to me, but sometimes it just sucks. I now have three weeks until the Sea Otter and I am planning on getting some solid training in while in Tucson.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shitty deal of the cards buddy, hope sea otter goes better for you goodluck

Haydn

Cwonger said...

sorry to hear that happened to you man hope sea otter goes well for you and you get a good block of training in until the race :)