Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Scrap That.


So the Ishpatina ridge is going to yet be put on hold. Things didn't work out and we were unable to get there. Oh well I am planning to go back in the fall, once the bug season has long since gone. It would be worth your life to try and get in there in peak black fly season, and for some reason the pests are drawn to me more than everyone else, or at least that is the way it seems.

On another note I wrapped up a great week of training Sunday, rolling just over 700km over a 7 day block. I was really spent come Sunday night, grumpy and groggy. I had day after day of blue skies, big miles and big watts.! We had some dodgy weather through the week, but missed the rain on all rides but one. Oh well, life goes on.

Yesterday Meg and I went for a hike into Torrence Barrens, which is how we found out that black fly season is upon us. They were freaking annoying. It always seems like the first wave of black flies at the beginning of the season are the dumb ones. They are not to sure how to find their way into the cracks and crevices in your clothing yet. They just seem to just fly around you waisting energy. Bbbzzzz. And for the odd smart one that seems to somehow luck into landing on, and squirming it's way into a nice warm piece of flesh they don't know what to do yet. I guess they are similar to crows and ravens, where each generation passes on one piece of knowledge to the next up and coming pests. Or so it seems that way.

This month is Photography month on TVO and there has been some really good programs on everything about capturing images. I know it has gotten my wheels turning and I am not to sure if this is a good or bad thing. I think anything that inspires you is a good thing and you must run with it while you can. Cheers.

No comments: